The most exciting time in the HDTV / home theater industry each year is the start of the year, at CES. Now just a few short days away, from Thursday 7th January 2009 to the 11th, CES 2009, also known as the Consumer Electronics Show will run.
During CES 2009 all the major electronics companies such as Sony, Samsung, Philips, Pioneer etc will announce all their new HDTVs for the 2009 year. I can’t wait to see all the new models, and see all of the new improvements they have made.
As usual all the companies will be trying to out do each other. I predict, much like last year, everyone will be fighting for the world’s slimmest HDTV. Also, I think we might see more 240Hz/ 480Hz HDTVs, maybe a larger (>11-inch) OLED HDTV, “Eco” HDTV, Internet connected HDTV, and 3D HDTV features.
I will keep this post updated with all the CES HDTV announcements as they come in.
2009 HDTV Announcements
- Sony 2009 HDTV Lineup | (XBR9, Z5100, VE5, Bravia V, Bravia S, Bravia L)
- Sony XBR9 | KDL-52XBR9, KDL-46XBR9, KDL-40XBR9
- Sony Z5100 | KDL-52Z5100, KDL-46Z5100, KDL-40Z5100
- Sony VE5 | KDL-52VE5, KDL-46VE5, KDL-40VE5
- Sharp Aquos BD Series | LC-52BD80U, LC-46BD80U, LC-42BD80U
- Sharp AQUOS E Series | Sharp E77U, E67U
- Samsung 2009 HDTV Lineup
- Panasonic 2009 HDTV Lineup (VIERA G1, VIERA S1, and the VIERA X1, Z1 Series, V10 Series, G10 Series)
- LG 2009 HDTV Lineup (LHX, LH90, LH85, LH55, LH50, LH40, LH30, LH20, LU55, PS80, PS60, PQ30)
- LG LH95 / LG LH9500| LG 55LH95, LG 55LH9500
- Vizio XVT Series
- Vizio VF551XVT
- Vizio VL Series / Vizio VT Series